One Tiny Little Thing...

One Tiny Little Thing...

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Brickwork


So much snow in our neck of the woods.
Using some indoor time to work on the corner bakery.

I looked at different brick papers, but nothing 'wowed' me.
I found a couple of ideas for making my own bricks.
This one uses sandpaper and paint -- supplies I had on hand, so I gave it a try.
I LOVE how the bricks turned out!
It took me less than 10 minutes to paint the sandpaper,
and just a couple of hours to cut and glue into place [2 exterior walls].
{I did ruin a paper cutter blade in the process -- but it was and old one that would have needed replacing soon -- so it was totally worth it.}


Part of the side wall -- for my first time trying this technique, I thought it turned out fine.
{Now that I've done it once, I'd love to try it again and perfect my bricklaying skills!}


2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what grade/roughness sandpaper you used? I have to do an entire three story tower and I'm hoping sandpaper layered over cardboard will give me the texture and depth I want. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila I'm not exactly sure the grade -- but it was rough enough to cut up my sponge brushes. :) I just used what I had on hand. In fact, I mixed a few different types. Sorry I'm not much help. I love the idea of adding it to cardboard! Best of luck. I would love to see how it turns out!

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you!