One Tiny Little Thing...

One Tiny Little Thing...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Craft Cottage


So excited to complete this cottage!
This is the first kit I made --
I dyed the shingles and did all the windows, wallpapers, and trims.
I wanted the inside to look old and worn -- layers of paper and no rhyme or reason to everything.
All the creativity on the inside of the house distracting the owner
from all the structural and cosmetic repairs!
I really like how it turned out for my first project.


The attic is filled with random treasures.
The main level is filled with my favorite hobbies --
scrapbooking, photography, art, sewing, and miniatures.


I wanted every surface to be busy -- with a lot of 'organized chaos' happening --


I love this little worktable filled with dollhouse plans & pieces.


I'm still looking for the perfect area rug -- wondering if I can find something that looks old and worn.
I altered the easel and had so much fun making art paper notepads, chalks, etc.
You can see how I used a Dick Blick art catalog to make miniatures here.

The little watercolor {and how it is taped onto the board} was actually a tutorial that I believe appeared in a miniature magazine -- I wish I had the actually reference to share.
If I find it, I'll be sure to add the information here.

Happy to check this house off my 'to do' list --
but there houses are never really complete...I'm always finding new mini treasures to add.

2 comments:

  1. I think some of my favorites are the little lamp on the table, the painting on the easel, and the clock on the wall. good job for staying so patient with the process and finding the time. _Diedre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diedre -- I'm glad I was able to finish it!

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing from you!